Get involved with a great organization!
Altadena Heritage has a number of programs and events where volunteers make all the difference. Consider the items below or suggest your own volunteer ideas. Members as well as non-members are welcome.
Board of Directors
New board members bring fresh ideas and energy. We are a board-driven organization that meets at 7 p.m. on the third Monday of the month. We form committees and divvy up the work involved in developing programs and staging events, often drawing in volunteers. We have a lot of fun, and work in short spurts rather than any sort of regular hours. On average, board membership involves 5 to 10 hours a month of work.
If you love Altadena, have ideas you would like to see realized through teamwork, please consider applying to join our board.
This is a chance to “give back” to your community.
Ways to help Altadena Heritage
Whether you have time for an ongoing role or prefer one-off opportunities, we can use your help. What’s your fancy? AH has volunteer opportunities for every taste and talent:
- Helping at special events
- Working on the website or database
- Writing grant requests
- Helping to maintain the landscape at Old Marengo Park
- Searching Altadena for potential garden award winners
- Serving on ad hoc committees
- Hosting an event in your home or garden
- Serving on the Board of Directors